Today is my birthday! Yippee. I've really been celebrating since Friday when I got to go to Lowe's and buy plants for my newly landscaped yard. I love buying plants and flowers. It is so cool that you can take something green, planted in something brown, pull it out of something plastic and then stick it in a hole in the ground and miraculously.....it grows! Well, not always, but hopefully! Judging from previous posts, you might think I have some amazing metaphor or something; nope. I'm just happy about my flowers! I do love to see them grow and multiply. Perennials are my favorite. No worries about re-planting them next year. They just come back all on their own. A little trim here and there and you're good to go.
One favorite is Mexican Heather. It grows like crazy and has very grassy green colored leaves and small purple flowers. It's so "fluffy" and attracts lots of little bees and butterflies. This makes me happy! Another thing that makes me happy is the name of this plant; Heather. Even though there is really no connection (except the name) between the plant and my sister, I am reminded of her every time I see it. She is no longer with us, so it's nice to have something that keeps her close in my own special way. It's almost like a secret. (not anymore, I guess) Most of the time when I think of her, I am sad. These beautiful little plants give me a nice way to remember her without the sadness. So if you're ever at my house keep an eye out. I have lots of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment