This is my very first blog post! I've been very resistant to the whole "blog thing", but have now realized that this is the best way to keep friends and family up to date without having to repeat myself over and over again every time I make a phone call. But, if you know me, I'll probably do that anyway!
We are very rapidly approaching Christmas and I must say that I am WAY behind in the traditional sense. I feel that my heart is focused on the importance of Christmas and find myself a bit irritated that there is so much focus on the gift giving side of one of our most precious Holy-days. I have recently taken on the role of Children's Ministry Coordinator at our Church and am adamant about teaching my 4 & 5 year old students the importance of Christmas. I'm sure it's all been said before by many well meaning people and I'm sure they have done a wonderful job of conveying the message of Christ's birth to young people. But since this is a new journey in my spiritual walk, I feel compelled to present the story of Christ's birth in the most meaningful way possible. So in our class on Sunday, we will be discussing the birth of our Lord and Savior and celebrating His birthday by focusing on what He wants for Christmas. Not an original thought, I'm sure, but I'm pretty pumped about it! Since I began teaching these children a couple months ago, I have such a renewed spirit and sense of great responsibility. I am also in awe of the fact that God would put me in charge of such a precious group of children. I feel like I've found my place to help fulfill the Great Commission. We so often forget about the children that are right under our noses, so to speak. It's definitely a learning process, but there is no better feeling than when a child returns to church the next Sunday and repeats something they learned the week before!
Well, I see how people just go on and on on their blogs. (Is it okay to say "blog" on a "blogsite"?) I'm not to hip to all this just yet! Hopefully my friends who choose to read this will be more forgiving than the hardcore "bloggers" out there!! ;)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment